Sunday, May 17, 2015

Ali the Alligator



Dan's Baptism

It has been quite the eventful week. I have so much to tell! :) I seriously have the BEST family and friends. I smile and laugh while reading everyone's e-mail. People are looking at me funny in the library. 
So guess what!! I saw my very first alligator this week while I was on my first exchange! I have pictures to prove it! We named her Ali the Alligator. It must have been because I was wearing green on St. Patrick day! Luck of the Irish I'd say. ;) She was so cute but I didn't get to close. You know me. I am pretty jumpy! It wasn't scary though it was just SO cool. 
Transfers were fun too! I got to experience a new area for the day and meet new people. Anyway, it was such a good week!  We had some pretty amazing lessons this week just knocking on people's doors. One of the doors we knocked on was a lady named Nancy. She said that she wasn't interested.  We started talking to her and getting to know her anyway. She started opening up to us and told us that her grandson just committed suicide not too long ago. My heart broke for this lady. While we were talking to her, I kept getting this impression over and over, "Tell my grandma that I am ok."  I honestly didn't know how to do it in the right way; but I knew that the impression was strong. I just felt like I should open my scriptures and I would be guided to how to best help this woman. So I did and as soon as I did I remembered what I had studied in personal study that morning. I was studying in Alma. Alma was giving advice to his son Helaman. I remember a particular verse stood out to me in Alma 36: 3. I felt like I should substitute her grandson's name, Mark, instead of Helaman. "And now, O my son [Mark], Behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trails, and their troubles and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."  I knew that Nancy's grandson was ok. I told Nancy that her grandson was ok. That be was being taught in heaven and he is working on the trails, troubles, and afflictions that he faced on this earth and that he is being brought closer to Christ. God knows the struggles that your son faced in life and He loves him dearly and he loves you. Your grandson is ok. 
This was such an amazing, powerful experience for me. I had no idea what I was going to do or how I was going to help this woman but God knew what she needed to hear. We are going to go back to Nancy's this week and talk to her more about Family History. :) 
The rest of the week was also so great! DAN GOT BAPTIZED!!!! We are SO happy for Dan! He was SO ready. I can't wait to send you pictures of the baptism. It won't let me send them on this computer but I will go print some off today and send them on over. The baptism was beautiful! Dan is hilarious. We got some pretty prime pictures. That man can make me laugh until I cry. He is so great! 
I love you all so much! Thank you for all your support and prayers! It is so comforting to know that people are praying for the missionaries all over the world. 
OXOXO to you all! 
Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment